The intent of this specification is to describe in detail, the requirements for an Industrial Vacuum Loader. The required unit shall be truck mounted and capable of conveying virtually any dry, slurry or liquid material through an 8” vacuum hose.
- The collector body tank shall be a minimum of 18 cu. yd. (13.76 cu. m) usable capacity.
- The collector body shall be cylindrical and constructed of a minimum of 1/4” steel with an adequate stiffening ring to accommodate a continuous full vacuum (1 ATM) or a positive pressure of 13 PSIG (.82 atm).
- Major separation of the materials shall occur in the body due to an extreme reduction in air velocity. Any particulate matter remaining in the air stream shall enter one cylindrical, externally mounted, cyclone separator where additional material is removed. The resulting separation shall be up to 98% effective.
- The separator shall be constructed of a minimum of 1/4” steel with wearliner and shall be bolted in place for easy removal.
- The separated dust shall fall into a common storage area below the separator with a minimum dust storage capacity of 1.6 cu. yd (1.2 cu. m). The “clean” air shall continue through to the baghouse filtration system where the fine dust is removed.
- A final filter shall be located between the baghouse and vacuum pump providing fail-safe protection to the pump.
- Material is emptied from the body by hydraulically opening the rear tailgate and hydraulically raising the body, (51° maximum).
- A three stage double-acting telescopic hydraulic cylinder rated at 30 tons shall be nose mounted between the body and the truck frame to provide the required lifting force.
- Accumulated material from the baghouse and the cyclone separator shall dump with the main payload out of the rear of the unit through bolted on 1/4” thick steel cylindrical dust chutes when the body is elevated.
- The tailgate shall be hydraulically lifted and latched from a side control panel. There shall be separate hydraulic controls for lifting and latching the tailgate.
- Velocity fuses shall be installed on both tailgate lift cylinders and the body lift cylinder to assure safe operation even if a hydraulic line should burst.
- A neoprene compression seal mounted on the tank shall be provided to ensure a leak-free seal between the body and the tailgate. The tailgate hinges and latch hooks shall be adjustable.
- The tailgate latching system shall mechanically latch over-center to protect against the tailgate opening even if the hydraulic system fails.
- The separator storage area shall have (1) access door of a minimum size of 17.25” x 23.75” with an over-center clamp to lock closed.
- Fenders will be supplied over the chassis rear wheels.
- There shall be one (1) 14” diameter stainless steel float ball shut off located at the front top inside of the collector body.
- There shall be a float ball clean out/inspection door located directly above the collector body float ball shut off.
- There shall be a platform on top of the unit between the body ladder and baghouse/separator area.
- Collector body support prop.
- Tailgate support prop
- Self-cleaning baghouses (2) shall be included to provide positive protection for the vacuum pump under all operating conditions. Each baghouse shall be externally mounted from the collector body.
- Each baghouse shall be constructed of a minimum of 1/4” thick steel with reinforcing to withstand full vacuum. Each baghouse must be cylindrical in shape and hold (30) filter bags.
- Collected material shall be stored beneath the bags in an area with a minimum capacity of 1.6 cu. yd. (1.2 cu. m.). The material shall be automatically dumped with the payload through a bolted on cylindrical ¼" thick steel dump tube.
- Acrylic coated felt media filters shall remove 99% of all particulate matter one micron or larger from the airstream.
- The filter media shall be cleaned automatically and continuously during operation by means of a sequential reverse compressed air pulse controlled by a solid state electronic programmer with 1” diaphragm valves. Air cannon pulsation systems are not acceptable.
- The unit shall have a single air flow path.
- The 14” diameter stainless steel float ball shall prevent any overflow of liquids from the collector body into the separator, baghouses, and vacuum pump.
- The total area of the filter media shall be a minimum of 435 square feet (consisting of 60 bags).
- Each filter bag shall be easily installed from the top of the unit without tools. The filter bags shall be a snap ring construction with a sewn in cuff in the bottom to prolong life.
- Access to all internal portions of the baghouse shall be accomplished by an access/inspection door with a minimum size of 17.25” x 23.75” that is quickly opened by an overcenter clamp.
- Bag pulsing blowpipes shall be hinged inside the baghouse for easy filter cage and bag removal.
- Each baghouse cover door shall be raised manually without spring assistance.
- Model 6227: The vacuum pump shall be a Dresser Industries 1125DVJ rotary lobe positive displacement type capable of 6000 CFM and 28” hg. An air inlet silencer shall be direct mounted to the vacuum pump for cooling.
- All controls for operating the vacuum pump, tailgate lift and latch, and the body dump hoist mechanism, shall be located on the left side of the unit.
- A NEMA 4 weather tight control cabinet with a clear acrylic front panel shall include a vacuum pump tachometer with hourmeter, vacuum gauge, panel lights with switch, throttle control switch, filter pulsing on/off switch and room for other gauges.
- Toolbox: Frame mounted lockable steel toolbox, 48” x 16” x16”
- Manual Vacuum Relief Valve: 4” diameter, manually operated, aluminum butterfly valve mounted on the unit, adjacent to the vacuum pump.
- Electric Vacuum Relief Valve: 8” diameter, electrically controlled vacuum relief. Vacuum relief is controlled with control panel on/off switch and also via a hand held pendant.
- Rear Port Hole: 8” rear port elbow mounted on the rear of the unit above the tailgate. Includes an internal deflector to deflect incoming material towards the floor of the unit.
- Vacuum Pump Exhaust Temperature Gauge: Control panel mounted gauge that registers temperature of vacuum pump exhaust air.
- Liquid Level Indicator: Mounted on the rear of the unit above the tailgate. Includes an externally visible needle indicator and internally mounted stainless steel float ball connected to it.
- Rear Tailgate Platform: Mounted on tailgate and includes a fold down ladder.
- Electric Vibrator: An electric vibrator mounted on the underside of the collector body. Vibrator is controlled via a toggle switch located on the main control panel.
- Rear Drain Valve: 6” diameter brass knifegate drain valve located on the bottom center of the tailgate.