Watch the Video: Mud Dog 1600 Hydro Vac Video
- Single engine drive
- Smart CANbus control system
- Engine and blower tachometer
- Emergency engine stop switch
- Fuel consumption meter
- 18 gpm and 3000 psi (68 lpm and 207 bar) water pump, hydraulic drive with variable flow on remote
- Curbside water fill
- Standard water capacity: 2000 gal (7571 L)
- Hose reel capacity: 100‘ of ½” hose (30.5 m of 12.7 mm)
- Water heater capacity: 714000 btu/hr (209 kw) heater
- Winter recirculation
- Anti-freeze system
- Water PSI gauge
- Air purge system
- Exterior water lines are heated, insulated and covered for extreme winter operation
- 8” (20.3 cm) positive displacement vacuum system offers 5800 cfm/28” hg (9854 m3/hr/0.95 bar)
- Industrial tapered cyclone externally mounted with large 16” (406 mm) clean-out door
- Vacuum pump hour meter
- Vacuum level gauge
- Pleated final filter assembly
- 8’ (2.4 m) telescoping boom with 19’ to 27’ (5.8 m to 8.2 m) reach
- 335° boom rotation with heavy-duty rubber elbow
- Boom pivots 25° down for 8’ of extra digging
- Remote greasing system for boom
- Hand-held wired pendant and wireless remote operates boom functions as well as vent door, stop switch, vacuum level, heater, water pump and dump controls
- 16 cu yd (12.2 m3) debris body
- Internal body flush-out system
- Ejector unloading system
- 2’ body lift for easy cleanout
- 14” float ball
- Hydraulic tailgate latches and opens
- Full diameter, full opening flat rear tailgate
- Stainless steel tailgate splash shield
- Aluminum cabinet heated by dual 65000 btu/hr (19 kw) heaters
- Polyurethane coating on lower third of the inside of aluminum passenger side cabinet
- Urethane paint finish
- Stainless rear quarter fenders
- LED lighting package includes front strobe, rear arrow stick, stop, turn signals
- Lighting package includes dual boom lights, exterior cabinet light and boom cradle light
- Aluminum diamond-plate tool box – 18” x 18” x 36” (46 cm x 46 cm x 91 cm)
1.0 Debris Tank / Collector Body
- 1.1 Debris tank shall have a minimum total volume of sixteen (16) cu. yds. (12.2 m3), 3200 gallon water capacity (12,112 L), cylindrical shaped, and constructed from 0.25″ (6.0 mm) Exten-50 steel including the rolled cylinder and front tank head.
- 1.2 Debris tank is emptied via ejector plate unloading. A full diameter, hydraulically operated ejector plate ejects the collected material from the debris body along with a 2’ body lift.
- 1.3 The rear door to be full diameter and opened with double acting hydraulic cylinders for power open and close. The door to open 90 degrees to allow easy access to the debris body interior.
- 1.4 Stainless Steel splash shield around lower two thirds of rear tailgate.
- 1.5 Controls for latching/unlatching, opening/closing the tailgate, and extending/retracting the ejector plate must be located on the passenger’s side and forward of the debris tank.
- 1.6 Two (2) worklights mounted on rear of unit. Switched in truck cab. One (1) strobe light mounted above the cab.
- 1.7 The rear door seal must be self-compensating type and mounted on the door to increase seal life.
- 1.8 A full diameter, rear opening tailgate, top hinged, with flat construction shall be provided, fabricated of 0.25″ (6.0 mm) steel plate, and fitted with a full diameter “B” shaped neoprene gasket to ensure a water tight seal.
- 1.9 Five (5) hydraulic over-center, dead bolt style latches shall be provided on the rear tailgate for holding the door closed.
- 1.10 Remote grease system for tailgate.
- 1.11 Flashing arrow board on rear of unit. Controlled in truck cab.
- 1.12 To prevent overfilling by liquids of the collector body, one (1) 14″ dia. (355.6 mm) stainless steel float ball will be provided.
- 1.13 Toolbox located driver’s side behind chassis cab. Toolbox to be 18” x 18” x 30”
- 1.14 A 6″ dia. (152.4 mm) right side body mounted drain will be provided with a knifegate valve to remove water from the front of the collector body. A 6″ x 10′ (152.4 mm x 3.05 m) lay flat drain hose will be provided with cap.
2.0 Vacuum System
- 2.1 A positive displacement trilobe vacuum pump rated at 5800CFM and 28” Hg., driven from the single chassis engine via a heavy duty OMSI transfer case mounted between the rear axle and the truck transmission.
- 2.2 A steel cover will shield the drive shaft between the vacuum pump and transfer case.
- 2.3 To engage and disengage the vacuum pump, a floor mounted mechanical lever and cable, connected to the transfer case, will be operated from inside the cab.
- 2.4 To reduce the dbA level, a heavy-duty exhaust silencer, with a top mounted rain cap, shall be mounted to the vacuum pump. An inlet silencer shall also be included on the vacuum pump.
- 2.5 To achieve the second stage filtration level, a cyclone separator will be installed between the collector body vacuum outlet and the vacuum pump. A 14” cleanout door located at the bottom of the separator.
- 2.6 Third stage filtration will be achieved by providing a washable pleated filter capable of containing particles sized 10 micron or larger. The filter shall be removable for easy cleaning or replacement.
- 2.7 To allow the operator the convenience of shutting the vacuum off and on at the inlet tube without disengaging the vacuum pump, a vacuum relief vent door shall be included and operable from the wireless remote control, the portable pendant or from the cabinet control panel.
3.0 Boom System
- 3.1 An 8″ dia. (203.2 mm) heavy duty vacuum hose and boom assembly shall be provided and mounted on rearward part of the collector body.
- 3.2 The boom assembly shall be stored at the right corner of the chassis, behind the cab for transport.
- 3.3 A cradle shall also be provided to support the boom during transport.
- 3.4 All boom functions (up/down/left/right/in/out) shall be hydraulically powered and controlled via the wireless remote control or the portable pendant with 50′ of heavy duty electrical cord. Back up controls for the boom functions shall also be provided inside the primary storage cabinet.
- 3.5 The boom pivot base shall be supported by a heavy duty turntable bearing assembly and rotate 335° via a hydraulic powered worm gear drive, raise and lower via two (2) hydraulic cylinders, and extend and retract 8′ (101.6 mm) via a single (1) hydraulic cylinder. Boom shall pivot down 25 degrees for an extra 8’ of digging.
- 3.6 To increase the operators working area, the boom arm shall extend 8′ and have a minimum 19’ to 27′ reach from the centerline of the collector body.
- 3.7 To reduce elbow wear, the boom pivot base design shall include an “air backed” elbow. This design allows material to wear against itself.
- 3.8 An 8″ dia. heavy-duty rubber hose shall be provided at the working end of the boom for connecting the boom to vacuum intake tubes.
- 3.9 Boom function shall be controlled by a 12 V DC hydraulic manifold valve which includes manual overrides for all functions.
- 3.10 Remote grease system for boom.
4.0 Vacuum Tubes
- 4.1 A fixed tube rack for suction tubes shall be provided and mounted to the rear tailgate and front drivers side of cabinet and have sufficient capacity to hold the following aluminum suction tubes; one (1) 8″ x 7′ tube (203.2 mm x 2.1 m); one (1) 8″ x 5′ tube (203.2 mm x 1.5 m); one (1) 8″ x 3′ tube (203.2 mm x 0.914m); one (1) 8″ x 6″ reducer (203.2mm x 152.4 mm); and one (1) 6″ x 7′ digging tube (152.4 mm x 2.1 m) with a urethane end to protect underground components from damage. Sufficient clamps and gaskets shall be provided to fit the above tubes.
5.0 Water System
- 5.1 The water system shall include six (6) modular water tanks each with a capacity of 250 gallons (946 L) providing an operating capacity of 1500 gallons (5677 L). The water tanks shall be saddle mounted to the collector body.
- 5.2 The modular water tanks will be constructed of non-cross linked polyethylene and be UV resistant. Tanks constructed of steel will not be considered.
- 5.3 To provide hydro jetting capabilities, a triplex water pump shall be provided with a minimum flow of 18 gpm and a maximum pressure of 3000 psi. The water pump shall be hydraulically driven from a hydraulic pump that is PTO driven from the truck transmission and have the ability to vary flow and pressure.
- 5.4 The water system shall be located in the primary storage cabinet and include: a water pump relief valve, pulsation dampener and water system drains.
- 5.5 A water recirculation system shall be included which allows water to be circulated through the water pump and back to the water tank in both the traveling and stationary mode for cold weather operation.
- 5.6 To effectively loosen soil and other ground materials prior to and during vacuuming, a special application excavating lance with multi-direction jetting orifices will be provided with an on/off trigger and guard and four (4) pipe extensions for depths up to 15′ (4.6 m). A cleaning wand shall also be included to clean the unit.
6.0 Hydraulic System
- 6.1 A heavy-duty hydraulic pump driven by a 6-bolt PTO mounted to the truck transmission shall be provided to power all hydraulic functions.
- 6.2 A 30-gallon (114 L) hydraulic oil reservoir provided with in-tank filter and condition indicator light at operators station.
- 6.3 Operating control levers to latch/unlatch, open/close the rear tailgate door and move the ejector plate out/in will be located behind the cab on the driver’s side.
7.0 Main Storage Cabinet
- 7.1 A large aluminum storage compartment shall be located just forward of the collector body and provide ample storage space for work clothes, boots, digging tools, etc.
- 7.2 Two (2) easy entry access doors and locking handles, one (1) driver-side with slam lock door, one (1) passenger-side with aluminum roll up door.
- 7.3 Curb side recessed ladder integral to cabinet.
- 7.4 The cabinet shall house the water pump 18 gpm/3000 psi, dual 65,000 BTU cabinet heaters with 3-speed fan, the hardwired pendant control, the antifreeze tank, the main 714,000 BTU water heater, the redundant control panel, the dig lance hose reel complete with 100’ x ½” hose, the excavating lance and the lance extensions.
- 7.5 Urethane coating inside lower section of cabinet.
8.0 Control Panel and Gauges
- 8.1 The control panel shall be located inside the primary storage cabinet and include the following standard items:
- Boom backup functions (up/down/left/right/in/out)
- Pendant plug in port
- Vacuum relief vent door switch – open/close
- Vacuum pump tachometer
- Vacuum gauge – inches of vacuum
- Chassis engine throttle – electric
- Compartment light switch
- Cabinet heater switch
9.0 Mounting – Paint Finish
- 9.1 The above-described hydro excavator will be professionally mounted to an acceptable chassis. The entire unit will be properly prepped prior to painting and finished with one-color urethane high-gloss paint. An electronic back-up alarm shall be provided with a minimum 97-dba rating.
10.0 Warranty / Miscellaneous
- 10.1 A one (1) year parts only warranty shall be included against defects in material and workmanship.
- 10.2 Two (2) Operation/Maintenance/Service Manuals for the Mud Dog are to be included.
- 10.3 Standard mounting on factory approved chassis.
11.0 Standard Components To Be Included
- 11.1 A wireless remote control shall be included. This control shall operate all boom functions, throttle up/down, water pump on/off, open/close electric vacuum relief and an emergency button that puts the engine to an idle and opens the electric vacuum relief valve and dumping controls.
- 11.2 An anti-freeze injection system and storage tank for cold weather applications shall be included. Tank capacity shall be 20 gallons. A valve between the tank and the water pump shall be installed. Antifreeze tank shall be mounted in the main storage cabinet.
- Acculevel® Load Sensor System
- Sludge pump rated at 500 gpm (1893 lpm) mounted on rear door
- Liquid transfer pump rated at 300 gpm (1136 lpm) mounted on side
- Dual tire chain racks; one per side
- Safety cone rack