- High pressure water breaks up solids and materials
- Effective in any soil condition
- In most cases, displaced soil needs to be removed for disposal
- In most conditions, excavating is faster
- Relatively clean – No dust control issues
- Compressed air breaks up soils and materials
- Most effective in less compacted soils
- Displaced soils can be used as backfill
- Overall productivity can increase – no need to leave the dig site to refill water or dump soils
- Can be messy – produces fair amount of dust
- 8″ (20.3cm) positive displacement vacuum system offers 5800 cfm/28″ hg (9854 m3/hr/0.95 bar)
- 8′ (2.4m) telescoping boom with 19′ to 27′ (5.5m to 8.2 m) reach
- 335 degree boom rotation with heavy-duty rubber elbow
- 45 degree upward and 25 degree downward boom pivot
- Mud Dog® 1200: 12 cu yd (9.1 m3) debris collector body
- Mud Dog® 1600: 16 cu yd (12.2 m3) debris collector body
- Ejector plate unloading system
- 2′ body raise/tilt capability
- Internal body flush-out system
- 18 gpm and 3000 psi (68 lpm and 207 bar) water pump, hydraulic drive with variable flow on remote
- Curbside water fill
- Standard water capacity: 1500 gal (5678 L)
- Hose reel with 100′ of 1/2″ hose (30.0m of 12.7mm)
- Water heater capacity: 705,000 btu/hr (209kw) heater
- Winter recirculation
- There are dual oil coolers for the compressor to provide continuous heavy duty use.
- A Smart control system with oil temperature and air pressure monitors and safety shutdown system is included.
- One rear air hookup point and one passenger side mounted hookup point are provided.
- 50′ of air hose is included along with a digging lance. The digging lance and fittings come in a protective hard case.
- Positive displacement, oil flooded, one stage rotary air screw compressor
- Oil pump tank
- Color control information display screen