SINGLE ENGINE DESIGN
- 40% reduction in fuel usage compared to dual-engine units
- Emits lower sound levels
- Reduced maintenance costs
WATER STORAGE TANKS
- Modular water tank design easily accommodates capacities form 1000 – 3200 gallons.
- Rounded corners for no stress concentrations
- No weld seams. No square corners
- Rotational-molded, non-cross linked polyethylene construction with ultra-violet stabilizer.
- The water tanks features a ten (10) year warranty as standard.
- No rust-through or corrosion” lifetime warranty provided.
- Dual fill. Tank filling possible from both curbside and street side of unit.
- Double-acting, single-piston hydraulic-powered water pump offers 1:1 oil to water ratio and rated design capacity of 100 gpm and 3000 psi continuous duty.
- Dual nitrogen-charged accumulators with on/off valve allowing operators to selectively activate blockage busting feature.
EXTENDING & ROTATING HOSE REEL
- The hose reel extends out from the rear compartment hydraulically 60” from fully retracted position. The reel rotates 200 degrees and locks in any position.
- Standard hose reel offers capacity of 1000′ f 1”I.D. sewer hose.
- Rear compartment constructed f high-strength aluminum with a minimum thickness of .125”. The compartment designed for total enclosure f major components including water pump, hydraulic reservoir, hose reel and associated plumbing.
- Steel subframe with polymer coating on all surfaces for maximum corrosion resistance.
- Three (3) compartment doors made of anodized aluminum.
- Two aluminum roll-up doors n curb and street sides 60” wide x 60” high for maximum access to inside of the compartment.
- Aluminum roll-up door at the rear of the unit 84” wide x 70” high.
- A rear canopy shields the operator from the sun, rain and other elements during operation.
- The rear compartment heated with an 80,000 BTU/hr heater. Heated compartment will assist in allowing year round operation in freezing environments.
- Winter recirculation. The system is designed to prevent freeze-up by pumping water through the entire system while driving to the job site.
- A self-contained air purge system which allows for purging water from the jetting hose, water lines and water pump.
The operator control center and control panel weather-tight NEMA 4.
THE CONTROL PANEL INCLUDES:
- Adjustable engine throttle with water pressure speed dial
- On/off water pump PT
- Water level indicator
- Water pressure (PSI) and gallons per minute (GPM)
- Engine tachometer, fuel level, fuel consumption, oil pressure, coolant temp
- Heater fan n switch
- Emergency stop
- Hose reel extend/retract switches
- Hose reel joystick, pay-in & pay-out with speed control
- Hydraulic pressure gauge
- Back-up camera system with color monitor located inside chassis cab.
- Stop, turn and running lights.
The bidder shall indicate compliance to each section of the specifications by a yes or no. Any no indication must be fully explained in the deviations, exceptions, exclusions space, or it will be assumed that the features and performance are as specified and will be supplied without exception. If additional space is needed, bidder shall attach (on bidder’s letterhead) a statement of deviations, exceptions, exclusions. Failure to deliver unit as specified will result in rejection of the unit and non-payment.
The equipment described herein shall be minimum requirements for a new Truck Mounted High Pressure Water Jet designed for the removal of sand, dirt, grease, detergents and materials normally found in sanitary and storm drain pipes. The entire unit is to be of a single engine design. The chassis engine is to power all functions of the unit. Units utilizing additional engines are unacceptable due to weight, fuel costs, emissions, and maintenance costs. The machine described will be designed to deliver high performance capabilities and provide maximum operator safety and convenience. All parts not specifically mentioned which are required for a complete unit shall conform in design, strength, quality of material and workmanship to the highest standards of engineering practice.
WATER STORAGE TANKS
1. 1600 gallon minimum usable capacity.
2. Water storage tanks mounted no lower than chassis frame rails.
3. Rotational molded non-cross linked polyethylene construction with ultraviolet stabilizer and minimum 3/8” thick wall. Must be repairable type polyethylene.
4. Bottom of tank protected by steel to eliminate potential puncture from road debris.
5. The total tank capacity shall be divided into 540 gallon, separate, self-baffling cells and interconnected together. Individual tanks shall all be mounted at the same level to prevent pressurization and breather problems.
6. Easily accessible inspection ports provided on top of each tank.
7. Tanks shall have a 2” drain valve located at street side of unit.
8. Lifetime “no rust-through or corrosion warranty” provided.
9. Ten (10) year warranty against defects in material and workmanship.
10. Tanks constructed of steel will not be acceptable due to potential of water pump damage by rust and corrosion particles. Failure to comply to this requirement will be grounds for immediate rejection of the bid.
1. Tank filling shall be possible from both curbside and street sides of unit.
2. Tank filling system and fill hose will be located between the cab and water tank of the unit with a fill point on both sides of the unit.
3. Tank fill system shall utilize a quick disconnect cam lock fitting for 2-1/2” fill hose.
4. Water shall be filtered prior to entering the water tanks by a fill strainer with cleanable element
5. Water tanks shall have digital level indicator at operator’s station LCD display screen.
6. Low water warning light and alarm located at operators station.
7. Indicator case shall be waterproof, made of high strength impact resistant fiberglass.
8. Indicator shall be programmable from display and support self-diagnostics capabilities with self-calibration. Float sensor water level indicators will not be acceptable.
9. Three (3) clear sight level indicator tubes shall be mounted on curb and street sides of unit and inside pump compartment visible at operator’s station.
10. Minimum 4″ air gap to prevent siphoning of water from storage tanks back into hydrant.
11. Fill hose storage rack shall be located at street and curb side fill locations.
WATER PIPING SYSTEM
1. All piping systems subjected to high pressure shall use zinc chromate plated steel fittings with minimum burst pressure of four time the system pressure.
2. Water plumbing from water pump to hose reel shall be a minimum of 1.25 ID
3. Tank to pump suction line with shut-off valve and cast iron, “Y” type strainer with stainless steel filter element. Strainer shall be at a location accessible for cleaning.
4. All piping shall be installed to drain by gravity through suitable openings equipped with plugs, drain cocks or ball valves.
5. Pressure to the cleaning nozzle shall be regulated by a pressure compensating hydraulic valve.
6. The water supply for jetting shall be directly controlled by the water pump. No water diverter or directional valves are allowed due to significant wear issues at said valves and wasting fuel.
7. Unit shall include a winter recirculation system with the ability to circulate a minimum of 30 gallons per minute of water. This system allows for use of unit in sub-freezing temperatures. Control switch for the system will be located in the cab and at operator’s station.
8. Winter recirculation system will enable travel over the road without damaging pump, drive systems or truck transmission.
9. Water delivery to hose reel shall pass through a single repairable/greaseable 90-degree swivel rotary coupling.
1. Double acting, single piston hydraulic powered water pump with 1:1 oil to water ratio.
2. Rated design capacity of 100 GPM and 3,000 PSI continuous duty.
3. Water pump located in the rear compartment.
4. Pump to be fitted with drain valves for complete draining of water pump.
5. Water pump to be driven hydraulically. Drive systems incorporating any type of flexible coupling or belt drive system are not deemed acceptable due to maintenance related issues.
6. Water pump capable of producing infinitely variable water output flow rates from 0 to 80 GPM without wasting energy of diverting water over relief valves or unloader valves.
7. Hydraulic pump and water pump shall be sized to produce 80 GPM @2000 PSI
8. Dual hydro-pneumatic nitrogen charged accumulator with on/ off valve shall be provided. Hydro-pneumatic accumulator shall be equipped with valve to allow operator to selectively activate blockage busting or smooth flow characteristic.
9. Piston and/or packing must not require greasing.
10. Dial at control panel shall control variable flow from 0 to full pressure.
11. Single two way ball valve for sewer nozzle operation.
12. For maintenance and serviceability, the water pump shall not require removal from the unit for maintenance or repair.
HYDRAULIC DRIVE SYSTEM
1. Water pump driven hydraulically by tandem hydraulic pumps powered by the truck engine via transmission-mounted hot shift PTO.
2. Hydraulic pumps to be high efficiency pressure compensating variable displacement.
3. The chassis engine speed will operate in a range of 1050 to 1600 RPM’s.
4. The hydraulic oil reservoir capacity will be 36 U.S. Gallons with oil level and temperature gage.
5. The hydraulic oil shall be a multi-viscosity grade capable of operating over the entire operating temperature range of -35°F to 120°F.
6. The return line hydraulic filter shall be cartridge style and integral to the reservoir.
7. An in line water charged oil cooler shall be installed between the water tanks and the pump. The oil cooler shall not be installed within another component such as a water or oil tank.
8. Shut-off valves will be installed on the suction lines to facilitate servicing of the hydraulic pump without the need of draining the hydraulic oil.
9. The hydraulic oil reservoir and water pump shall be mounted above the chassis frame rails in the enclosed compartment located at the rear of the water tank.
HIGH PRESSURE HANDGUN SYSTEM
1. Main water pump shall supply water source with means of regulating pressure from 0 to 2000 PSI available at handgun.
2. Retractable hose reel with live center complete with 50′ x ½” hose.
3. The high pressure handgun will be adjustable and come with stainless steel quick disconnects.
EXTENDING AND ROTATING HOSE REEL & CONTROLS
1. The hose reel shall have a minimum capacity of 1000′ of 1″ I.D. sewer hose. Drum and flanges constructed of ¼” steel, designed to withstand maximum working pressure without distortion. The drum shall have a minimum of 24″ diameter to prevent hose damage. The reel shall be supported by two (2) heavy duty self-aligning pillow block bearings, bolted to a ¼” thick support frame.
2. All hoses used to supply the hose reel or its hydraulic system shall be routed underneath the reel structure below the reel drum. The hoses shall be fully secured and protected against chafing and rubbing.
3. The reel shall be specially designed to handle all the loads that have been measured during cleaning operations, including the pull force from the operation of the nozzle and the compressive forces from the pressurization of the hoses.
4. The reel shall be driven with hydraulic power for pay out and retrieve, either with or without the water pump in operation. The hydraulic drive shall have sufficient power to retract the hose when fully extended into the pipe with the cleaning nozzle in operation.
5. The hose reel assembly shall be mounted inside the rear center of the compartment. Reel shall extend out from the rear compartment hydraulically 60” from fully retracted position. The reel will rotate 200 degrees on an industrial swivel bearing with minimum requirements of 7.88 I.D., 14” O.D. and 2” thickness. The industrial swivel bearing shall have a minimum load weight of 5,000 Ft.-lbs. The bearing design shall have no wear points except the greasable ball bearings and races, which are constructed of hardened steel to minimize wear. The rotating hose reel will include a pneumatically actuated lock, which will positively lock the reel in any position across its operating range.
6. A single right hand side control center mounted on the rotating hose reel shall provide access to all necessary operating controls. The control center shall rotate with the hose reel.
7. The control center shall include:
• Hose reel joystick control, pay in/pay out with speed control
• Hose reel extend and retract
• Hose reel rotate lock and release
DIGITAL DISPLAY INCLUDING:
• Engine oil pressure
• Engine temperature
• Fuel consumption
• Fuel level
• Sewer hose footage counter with 20 bank memory
8. The unit will be supplied with a Digital Hose Counter. The Digital Hose Counter measures the rotation of the hose reel and takes into account the diameter of the hose, the length of the hose and the diameter of the hose reel inside core. Based on that information, the Digital Hose Counter calculates the progress of the nozzle to an accuracy of +/- 3% and sends this information to the display screen. The user can store up to 20 distance counts for review at a later time. The Digital Hose Counter is capable of displaying in English language and distances in either feet or meters.
9. Manually controlled level wind provided, utilizing four rollers. The top roller must be designed to pivot over center to allow for sewer hose removal without having to completely rewind back on the reel.
10. 600 feet of 1″ dia. plastic sewer cleaner hose supplied, with 2500 PSI working, 6250 PSI burst pressure ratings minimum. Hose must be constructed per standards established by NSWMA. Rubber type sewer hoses are not acceptable.
HOSE REEL DRIVE SYSTEM
1. Reel driven by a double chain, hydraulic drive producing a minimum 14,600 in/lbs. torque and a variable speed from 0 to 40 RPM.
2. Hose reel shall rotate in both directions with or without the water pump in operation
3. The hydraulic drive shall have sufficient power to retract the hose when fully extended into the sewer with the cleaning nozzles in operation.
4. The hydraulic pump rated at 0-10 GPM at 2000 PSI will power the hose reel drive.
1. Unit will be supplied with a wired pendant control
2. The wired pendant control will include controls for the hose reel pay out and retrieve, water pressure increase/decrease, water on/off and emergency stop switch, hose reel extend/retract and interior lights on/off, hose reel speed and block buster on/off.
3. Unit will be supplied with a wireless pendant control. The wireless remote RF unit will use a microprocessor controller PLL synthesizer with up to 85 different channels and will operate in the frequency range of 902-928 MHz. The wireless remote will have an operating range of 300’ with an obstructed view and 1,000’ with an unobstructed view. The wireless remote will have an operating time of 40 hours of continuous use and will have a temperature range of -4 degrees to 140 degrees F. The remote control will come suppled with a lanyard to allow the operator to wear the remote and have free use of both hands.
4. The wireless pendant control will include controls for the hose reel pay out and retrieve, water pressure increase/decrease, water on/off and emergency stop switch, hose reel extend/retract and interior lights on/off, hose reel speed and block buster on/off.
REAR COMPARTMENT, TOOLBOXES & SKIRTING
1. The rear compartment will be constructed of high strength aluminum with a minimum thickness of .125”. The compartment shall be weatherproof and designed for total enclosure of major components including water pump, hydraulic reservoir, hose reel and associated plumbing.
2. Rear compartment shall be two piece design. All surfaces of rear compartment must be powder coated inside and outside prior to assembly to eliminate any rust or corrosion. All corners must be formed and bolted construction to eliminate cracks in welded joints.
3. Steel subframe with polymer coating on all surfaces to assure for maximum corrosion resistance. Subfloor to be a minimum thickness of 11-gauge steel.
4. Rear compartment shall utilize there (3) upward acting compartment doors which incorporate a header/counter balance design, made of anodized aluminum. Panels will have no pulleys or cables and will be virtually maintenance free. Doors will include stainless steel, lockable and keyed alike heavy duty handles. Hinged doors that protrude into work area that could result in severe structural damage if vehicle is moved with doors open will not be acceptable.
5. The rear compartment will utilize two deluxe aluminum roll-up doors on curb and street sides. These doors will measure 60” wide x 60” high for maximum access to inside of the compartment.
6. The rear compartment will utilize one deluxe aluminum roll-up door at the rear of the unit that will measure 84” wide x 74” high.
7. Unit will include steel skirting with five (5) aluminum underbody toolboxes; two (2) 18” x 18” x 30”, two (2) 18” x 18” x 48” and one (1) 14” x 12” x 60”. The toolboxes will be protected from the elements by a thick automotive “bulb type” neoprene door seal. Heavy duty locking handles will be provided on all toolboxes.
8. Two (2) 4” PVC storage tubes for long handled tool storage shall be provided at rear of unit.
9. Extendable canopy, 7’ x 7’ to protect operators from rain, snow and UV rays, lockable in three positions.
1. The rear compartment shall be totally enclosed and heated with an 80,000 BTU/hr heater. Heated compartment will assist in allowing year round operation in freezing environments.
2. Compartment heater on/off switch and indicator light shall be located in both chassis cab and at operator’s station.
3. Winter recirculation system will be supplied to allow for circulation of water. The system is designed to prevent freeze-up by pumping water through the entire system while driving to the jobsite. The system will enable travel over the road at highway speeds without damaging the water pump, drive system or truck transmission.
4. Winter recirculation on/off switch and indicator light shall be located in both chassis cab and at operator’s station.
5. A self-contained air purge system will be installed which allows for purging water from the jetting hose, water lines and water pump.
1. The operator control center and control panel shall be located at the rear of the truck on the curbside of the hose reel. Controls shall be mounted in a weather tight NEMA 4 control panel.
2. THE CONTROL PANEL TO INCLUDE:
• 7” LCD color display screen for information and operator interface
• Control panel light
• Adjustable engine throttle with water pressure speed dial
• Work/road mode switch to automatically turn on/off water pump
• Water level indicator
• Low water warning
• Water pressure (PSI) digital
• Gallons per minute (GPM) digital readout
• Water pump operation status indicator
• Hose reel speed
• Water pump hour meter
• Engine tachometer, fuel level, fuel consumption, oil pressure, coolant temp
• Heater fan on/off switch
• Winter recirculation on/off switch
• Sewer hose footage counter with 20 bank memory
• Emergency stop
• Hose reel extend/retract switch
• Interior cabinet light on/off switch
• Exterior work light on/off switch
3. THE CONTROL CENTER TO INCLUDE:
• Hose reel joystick, pay-in & pay-out with speed control.
• Joystick to be proportional
• Wired pendant jack
• Reel rotation pneumatic lock
• Hydraulic pressure gauge
1) Back-up camera system with color monitor located inside chassis cab
2) Stop, turn and running lights must comply with DOT and ICC regulations
3) Work lights inside enclosure, three (3) white LED light strips with switch at operator station.
4) Two (2) LED strobe lights mounted top rear of cabinet
5) Two (2) LED strobe lights mounted top of each side of cabinet
6) One (1) LED rear mounted traffic advisor
7) One (1) LED front mounted traffic advisor
8) Four (4) LED work lights, two (2) at rear, one (1) at each side of unit above roll-up doors
9) Two (2) LED strobe lights mounted on front bumper of unit
10) Two (2) LED strobe lights mounted mid-length of unit
11) Two (2) LED strobe lights mounted on lower rear of unit
12) Portable, wireless handheld spotlight
1. Unit will be mounted using a welded steel base frame including 3/8” thick wall C-Channel structural members.
2. Deck assembly will be bolted solid at rear and utilize rubber isolation components between independent water tank modules to fully support the tanks while allowing the truck chassis rails to flex.
1. All components of the unit whether purchased or manufactured shall be primed and painted prior to assembly in order to assure maximum resistance to rust and corrosion. Painting after the assembly process is not acceptable.
2. Unit to be painted urethane white to match chassis cab.
ACCESSORIES & MISCELLANEOUS
1. 2½” x 25′ fill hose with fittings for filling water tanks supplied, including storage bin.
2. Minimum 5000 psi rated handgun shall be supplied.
3. 1” Chisel nozzle
4. 1” Grenade nozzle
5. 1” standard nozzle extension
6. Tigertail hose guide
7. Leader hose 1” x 10’
8. Hydrant wrench
9. Puller Hook
10. Two (2) each operation, maintenance and parts manual supplied
11. Traffic cone holder
12. Rear bumper
13. Rear mud flaps
1. Warranty minimum one (1) year on sewer cleaner on defects in material and workmanship.
2. Minimum ten (10) years on water tanks on defects in material and workmanship.
3. Lifetime rust-through and corrosion on water tanks.
4. Minimum three (3) years on single piston water pump on defects in material and workmanship. Wear items are not included in warranty.
AUTOMATIC HOSE REEL LEVEL WIND
The sewer hose reel shall be equipped with an Automatic Level Wind, which allows for “Hands-free” winding of sewer hose onto the reel without operator touching sewer hose. This option will incorporate a drive system which scrolls a two roller head back and forth across the hose reel for proper winding of the sewer hose onto the reel.
HOSE REEL TENSIONING
Hose reel shall be equipped with a hose tensioning system consisting of dual pneumatically operated cylinders controlling a pinch roller to assist in keeping the sewer hose tight on the hose reel.
AUTOMATIC HYDRANT FILL SYSTEM
The unit shall include an automatic hydrant fill system allowing the operator continuous operation while hooked up to a fire hydrant. The system will be capable of full hydrant pressure and flow.
WATER TANK SIDE PANELS
Water tanks shall be covered by non-ferrous side panels. Panels are to be full height and width of water tanks.
CHASSIS SPECIFICATIONS (MINIMUM 33,000 Lb. GVW)
1. 325 hp Diesel Engine, 750 lb-ft Torque
2. Electronic Engine Warning System
3. Remote Mounted Engine Control
4. 160 Amp Alternator
5. Two Batteries 2250 CCA
6. Circuit Breakers
7. 18.7 CFM Air Compressor
8. Dust Shields on Air Brake Chambers, Front and Rear
9. Air Dryer with integral air governor and heater
10. Allison 3000 RDS Automatic Transmission with Oil Cooler
11. 13,000 lb. Front Axle with 13,300# front suspension
12. 20,000 lb. Rear Axle 6.14 Ration with 21,000# rear suspension
13. RH Outboard under step mounted horizontal after treatment system
14. RH Curved vertical tailpipe B-Pillar mounted routed from step
15. 120,000 PSI Frame Yield Strength
16. 70 Gallon Aluminum Fuel Tank LH Mount
17. Full Gauge Cluster – Speedometer, Tachometer, Oil Pressure, Dual Air Gauges, Coolant, Volts, Fuel, Transmission Temp
18. Cruise Control
19. Driver Air Seat
20. Fixed Passenger Seat
21. Dual west coast bright finish heated mirrors
22. LH and RH 8 inch b right finish convex mirrors mounted under primary mirrors
23. AM/FM Radio
24. Air Conditioning
25. Tinted Glass
26. Disc Wheels Steel front
27. Disc wheels steel rear
28. Front Tires: 11R 22.5 16 Ply Radial
29. Rear Tires 11R 22.5 14 Ply Radial
30. Body Builder Wiring and Interface
31. Wheel base 192”
32. Back of cab to centerline of rear axle (CA) 126”
33. Rear frame overhang 41”
34. Paint: White
- Low water warning light & alarm
- Water tank auto fill system
- Electric Block-Buster Valve
- Retractable hose reel with 50′ x 1/2″ hose
- Automatic level wind
- Hose reel digital counter
- Hose reel tensioning system
- Wireless remote
- Wired remote
LED WORK LIGHTS
- LED Package 1 – Strobe light at top rear LH corner of cabinet
- LED Package 2 – Strobe light at top rear RH corner of cabinet
- LED Package 3 – Strobe lights at top front RH & LH corners of cabinet
- LED Package 4 – (2) Front bumper directional strobes, (2)Mid-ship directional strobes, (2) Rear bumper directional strobes.
- Rear directional Arrowstik
- Front directional Arrowstik
- Handlight (cordless)
- Toolbox package – Five (5) Aluminum toolboxes, Two (2) 18″ x 18″ x 48″, Two (2) 18″ x 18″ x 30″, One (1) 14″ x 12″ x 60″
- Pintle hitch, 20,000 lbs. capacity with cab mounted brake controller
- Dibond water tank panels